Saturday, September 3, 2011

Your Grace Is All I Need

I know it has been a while since I have blogged, but I just haven't felt like I had much to say, or that anyone actually read my blog. However, I'm feeling rather inspired at the moment and feel like there is something that God wants me to share with you, and that there is something I have to say that can help others in their situations.

I am going to talk about God as our Father and how amazing that is.

You may or may not know that I grew up in a single mother environment, my biological father was not in the picture. It was challenging at times, and it made me feel incomplete in a lot of ways. My mother was wonderful, she stood up and took the place as both my father and my mother. She worked so hard to provide everything little thing that we needed, she made sure I had a food, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and a bed to sleep in. She gave up so much for me. When things were tough financially she would always make sure that I had food and that I had the things that I needed. She sacrificed everything to make sure that I grew up to be a mature adult who could make decisions that would impact the world. I owe my life to my mom, she didn't have to do all that for me and she did!

I know I said I was going to talk about God as our Father, but I needed to give you some background so you could understand where I am coming from.

My mom married a wonderful man about 7 years ago. He has taken it upon himself to become the best father figure that he could, and he is. He is my dad and I love him deeply.

When I look at how God is like a Father, I look at the way that my mom was with me. She gave up everything for me. God is so love sick over us as and he is the relentless pursue, he would sell EVERYTHING to get the one thing he desires most - YOU AND ME!

If we look at parables in the Bible. Jesus used these parables to teach lessons (a parable is a lesson in story form).
1. The Shepherd and his 100 sheep.
99 Found and 1 lost. The shepherd leaves his 99 sheep to search for that one lost one. He doesn't stop looking until he finds it. Once found the shepherd REJOICES.
2. Woman and her lost coin.
This lost coin in so small in monetary value, yet the woman searches and searches for it. She finds her penny and she REJOICES!!
3. The Prodical Son
Son moves away with all his possessions, his father is heart broken. The son spends all his money is living with pigs and finally deciders that he would be treated better as a slave in his fathers house. He heads home and in that moment when his father sees him, he picked up his robe (shamming himself) ran to his son and embraced him. He threw a party and REJOICED over his return.

God doesn't just love us, he genuinely LIKES us.

He doesn't love you because he has to, He likes you with ALL your faults and imperfections.

WE CAN NOT DISQUALIFY OURSELVES FROM GOD'S PURSUIT.
- Genesis 3: When Adam and Eve sinned God went LOOKING for them. In the midst of their sin, when they were naked, when they new that had done the one thing God told them not to do, GOD STILL WENT SEARCHING FOR THEM.

The more you begin to realize that God loves you UNCONDITIONALLY the more free you become.

God gave up His most precious gift, His one and ONLY son. His most prize possession, He offered His son's life in exchange for ours. So that we could live FOREVER with Him, so that We could have a relationship with Him, Because he LOVES US!!!!!!

This song, How He Loves Us, performed by David Crowder Band is so encouraging. HE LOVES US!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCunuL58odQ&ob=av2e

I hope this has offered an insight to the amount of love that our Heavenly Father has for us, for you and ME!

Much Love,
Taelor

No comments:

Post a Comment